Friday 1 November 2013

OCOTOBER 13/10/13 SUNDAY SCHOOL



 WCI – Sunday school
 Date:  13TH Oct 2013
LESSON OUTLINE WEEK: Ages: 1 - 15 Years
Double Portion Next Levels 2013
Prophetic Focus:  “MY SEASON OF ENCOUNTER WITH POWER” Psa 63:1-3
Psa 63:1-3-O God(Holy Spirit),you are my God: early will I seek you: my soul thirsts/(wants/needs/pants) for you, my flesh longs(desires) for you in a dry and thirsty land, where no water(symbol of the Holy Spirit) is:  To see your power (Revelation, prophecy, wisdom, understanding, knowledge… )and your Glory (wonders,miracle&signs) so as I have seen you in the sanctuary(church): because your loving kindness (fruits of the Holy Spirit) is better than life, my lips shall praise you (Let all the children with Bibles open them and read together-call to worship. Explain further so that the children may have a deeper meaning)
Welcome All the Children by greeting each one of them. Ask them how the week was; how the school/ Exams/home was; Ask them about their: friends; teachers: ask them activities they did etc
Do a recap of last week’s  lesson/s. Ask the children e.g. (Who were the Biblical Character? Memory Verse?  The songs we sang: Prophetic focus for the month of October: Theme of the year:
TOPIC: HOW TO RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT
Objective: Teach and Help the children understand How each can receive  the Holy Spirit.
Ask the children who the Holy Spirit is and where He lives and let there be suggestions from them….
Ask the children whether any has ever received the Holy Spirit and how the experience was and let a few children explain…
Text Acts 1:8 But you shall receive Power after the Holy Spirit is come upon you and you shall be witnesses to me in Jerusalem (Nyeri), in all Judea (let the children name other towns/places that they know) and in Samaria and to the end of the Earth

HOW TO RECEIVE HOLY SPIRIT :-
  • We must be Born again/repent of all our sins(be saved)Acts 2:38-Then Peter said to them, Repent and be Baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit
  • We must thirst(desire, crave, hunger, be eager, very willing) for the Holy Spirit: Psa 63:1-O God(Holy Spirit),you are my God: early will I seek you: my soul thirsts /(wants /needs /pants) for you, my flesh longs(desires) for you in a dry and thirsty land, where no water(symbol of the Holy Spirit) is.John 7:37
  • We must Read and Hear the Word of God: John 6:63-It is the Spirit that Quickens: the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak to you, they are Spirit and they are life
  • Ask God to give you the Holy Spirit(when asking, it must be in Faith)-Luke 11:13 If you then being evil know how to give good gifts to your children how much more shall your Heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him
  • We can receive the Holy Spirit through laying of Hands Acts 8:17

Songs –Let your living water flow over my soul: let your Holy Spirit come and take control in every situation that has troubled my mind/soul/life…all my cares and burden unto you I load..
Jesus:xxxxxx  Fatherxxxxxx  Spiritxxxxxx

BIBLICAL CHARACTER: Jesus when HE was baptized by John the Baptist(Mat 3:13-17)
Bible Trivia-(1) what did John the Baptist eat as His food?(Locusts and Honey)
(2)How did the Holy Spirit appear when Jesus was baptized?(Dove: Lighting :a voice-this is my Beloved Son in whom I am well pleased)
MEMORY VERSE   Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil: For GOD was with Him


BIBLICAL TRUTH: we receive the Holy Spirit when we are Born Again
CHALLENGE FACTOR: Have you received the Holy Spirit in your life?
POSITIVE CONFESSION: Holy Spirit, live in me and be my guide and teacher
ALTER CALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment