Thursday 19 April 2012

How to get started in a business


How to get started in a business -Lesson 1



*        This training  aims to provide  practical advice on how to get started in a business,
*        assessing whether we  have what it takes to identify a business  idea,
*        how to analyse whether the idea is a feasible business opportunity, and
*        if so, to turn it into reality!
*        It highlights the steps you have to take to get started.


The following are the  five stages of the entrepreneurial process, along with the individual traits and behaviours associated with the successful entrepreneur.

Stage 1:                  Discovery
The stage in the entrepreneurial process in which the entrepreneur generates ideas, recognizes opportunities, and determines the feasibility of ideas, markets, ventures, etc. 
Stage 2: Concept Development
The stage in the entrepreneurial process in which the entrepreneur plans the venture, identifies needed resources using a business plan, identifies strategies .to protect intellectual property, etc.
Stage 3: Resourcing
The stage in the entrepreneurial process in which the entrepreneur identifies and acquires the financial, human, and capital resources needed for the venture start up, etc.
Stage 4: Actualization
The stage in the entrepreneurial process in which the entrepreneur operates the venture and utilizes resources to achieve its goals/objectives.
Stage 5: Harvesting
The stage in the entrepreneurial process in which the entrepreneur decides on the venture's future (growth, development, demise).

Where you would like to be two years from now. What is your vision or lengo?

o    Who will I be in 2 years from now?
o    What will be my personal and my business situation?
o    How big will be my business?
o    Will I have reached what I wanted to?


o    What do I have to do to get where I want to be in 2 years?
o    What are the necessary means for doing this?
o    Who could help me in that?
o    What obstacles will I possibly face, how can I overcome them?
o    What is my competitive advantage?
o    What are my weaknesses and how will I ensure they are not a hindrance?

No comments:

Post a Comment